Introducing Sam Gunning, our candidate for Wentworth!
Sam was born in Sydney, he is a 24-year-old Juris Doctor candidate at the University of Sydney and was elected as North Sydney Council’s youngest ever Councillor in September of last year. Outside of Council, he has worked in a range of industries from managing a hotel in Sydney, and more recently as a legal intern, both at a law firm and in an in-house capacity with the aspiration to begin practising himself by the end of next year.
|Sam will seek to channel his experience and passion for libertarianism into achieving truly liberal outcomes for the people of Wentworth by prosecuting the principles of classical liberalism which the major parties have too often neglected. Indeed, since his election as a Liberal Democrat Councillor, Sam has wherever possible promoted a back-to-basics approach to government with his main aims to reduce council rates for his constituents, and to reduce red-tape on small business in the area. He seeks to take these ideas that have made him successful as a Councillor into the Federal Parliament on behalf of the people of Wentworth and will promote the same initiatives that David Leyonhjelm has successfully championed during his time in the Senate.|
1. Reducing the overall tax burden (e.g. reducing income and company tax) and the cost of living (e.g. returning to cost-effective, rational energy policy) for Australian families.
2. Cutting red-tape for small business.
3. Promoting free trade and a more nuanced immigration system (attracting more highly skilled
4. Removing restrictions on the use of medical marijuana and legalising its recreational use.
5. Legalising safe and dignified end of life choices for the terminally ill.
Want to help out Sam's campaign?